Re: [ST] Helmet life

I recently went helmet shopping.

My SHOEI Z II is nearly four years old and I replaced the cheek pads about a
year ago.

(I went to Motorcycle Accessories in Parramatta for those in Australia). I
tried the latest top of the range SHOEI and it fit me better than my current
lid. I was also in the market for an armoured vented jacket and pants. When I
turned around the cool-as-sales-dude was outside sucking a cigarette.  ...sigh...
 I was keen to try on other lids as they had a big range but decided to go
else where.

For the record, the new SHOEI is around $1000.00. A new set of inner liners
for my Z II will be around $200.00. I think I will get another year from my
current helmet.

I really like the SHOEI as it has excellent fit and excellent ventilation
which I require as I where it everyday. If any one can recommend a cheaper lid I
would love to try other brands but nothing I have tried so far fits as well.

Cheers,
Brett.