From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan Wetherington
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 9:01 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Helmet Life

>>> Neil.Lindsey@xxxxxxx 11/9/2005 11:21 PM >>>
(snip)
It's the crushing of the styrofoam on the inside that helps decelerate
your brain cells.

Which brings up my question:  Why does it matter, then, if your helmet
falls off the bike?  It is always stressed that you shouldn't let your
helmet fall, or that a dropped helmet should be checked out before being
used again.  If there's no noggin inside the helmet, the foam liner
won't compress, leaving the (possibly) only damage to be cosmetic...
I'm not saying we should go around throwing or dropping our helmets, but
I just don't see a reason to throw out your $200+ helmet just because
you dropped it.

Feel free to show me how I may be wrong!

www.packereng.com