[ST] Short signals -- new learning

OK so I'm trying to fit shorter signals to fit the hard bags I installed in
my ST. I'm searching ebay and finding Daytona 955 and other signals that
will do the job, but not liking the price/condition package.

Taking a hint from this list I head down to the Buell dealer for a pair of
theirs: $11.95 each. Right size, stalks look like they came from the same
factory, but the wire ends are wrong. I fret a few days about hacking into
my factory wire loom when !Eureka! Why not just swap in the wires from my
Triumph indicators? As I'm doing that (they just bayonet onto the bulb
sockets) I realize there's yet another path: I could just swap in the
shorter stalks onto the Triumph signal heads. Totally compatible. In the end
I decided to use the Buells since those off my 2000 ST were kind of
weathered (and the ST has no front stalks to match).

Thought somebody might be able to use this info.

Walt Greenwood

Everett, WA