From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Crate
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 1:51 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Stalling

My 2001 ST has started stalling occasionally from idle, only when
hot.  Normally it restarts immediately, but it did it again this
morning and would not start right away.  In addition, it sounded
funny while cranking, like only one cylinder was firing or something.

I'm going to work on the bike soon for the 24K mile service, changing
plugs and fuel filter and such.  If anyone has ideas on what may
cause the stalling problem, I'd like to see what else I should check
out.  I hate worrying that I might get stranded somewhere, especially
far from home.

Other than stalling from idle occasionally, the bike runs well.  Fuel
mileage is slightly lower than what others report (39-42 mpg on a
highway run, speeds in the 85-110 mph range, or 42-44 around town and
slower cruising).

Thanks for any ideas,

Jim