Re: [ST] Air Compressor

On Nov 18, 2005, at 11:44 AM, Bil Swartz wrote:
> I was also surprised to learn that teflon tape is a no-no in air
> applications
> per the review of the Porter-Cable unit on Amazon - what is this
> "joint
> compound" they refer to using instead?

I worried about that, too, after reading that review, but I can't
find any other sources that say the same thing. There's "plumber's
putty," which is probably the "joint compound" being referred to, but
there's no real advantage to that stuff since it isn't adhesive like
the more modern sealants.

FWIW, I've been using PTFE (Teflon) putty I bought at the hardware
store and its been doing a fine job.
--
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxx>
<http://sobiloff.typepad.com/>