From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Blake Sobiloff
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 2:03 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Air Compressor

I wanted a compressor for the same reasons--inflating tires, using an
air gun to make tire rotations a snap, blowing stuff clean, etc.
However, I live in an apartment complex and didn't want some loud
monster that'd annoy all my neighbors. I also wanted something that'd
last, so that eliminated all the oil-less models. (They use a plastic
piston ring that quickly heats up and wears out, and then you have to
toss the entire unit.)

I went with the Porter-Cable C3551 portable compressor www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000B3ARN/103-7642002-0995056?
v=glance&n=228013&n=507846&s=hi&v=glance> and have been very happy
with it. Yeah, it cost a little more than I had been hoping to spend,
but it has been a great tool that will easily last. Plus, my
neighbors haven't complained about the noise.
--
Blake Sobiloff

San Jose, CA (USA)