Re: [ST] Old vs. new

I havent mucked around with the suspension settings yet, but I have found
that the rear is to soft. Having said that I find that overall it feels much more
planted and confidence inspiring than my '99 ST. I was never really happy
with the suspension on that bike. I was about to send both ends away to be
sorted, but crashing it put a stop to that. I was going to send the bits to Pro
Mecha in Melbourne, for anyone in Australia. After a long chat, the owner said he
had done many Sprint ST's & RS's and had nailed what needed to be done to make
them handle properly. He was also recommended by someone on this list. I
still regret not having the opportunity to experience this. Anyway....

I dont quite get the fuel economy of my '99. But that bike did improve
slightly over time/mileage. In part I have put this down to the increased engine
capacity of the '05. Of course it also depends on how I ride. Poodling about to
and from work will get me 300km's to reserve. On night shift when there is no
traffic, dry road and I'm bored, I've managed as little as 200km's to reserve.
I'm yet to ride from Sydney to Brisbane to find out what its like in all
respects on an all day touring ride.

If anyone is considering buying one, despite the already mentioned flaws,
(heat etc) I would seriously consider the ABS model. I know many people who are
converts to this.

Cheers,
Brett
Sydney.