Re: [ST] track day

Marc

No suggestions but it sounds like a great day.

If you can't get fastest lap, having the bike not able to keep up with
you is the next best result down the pub.

Hope you get it sorted.

Chris Harwood
00 RS
>>> MarcVE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/10/2005 08:46:28 >>>
Hi all,

I really enjoyed my track day on Sunday.

There were only a few "non sportbikes", and mine was the only Triumph.
Mostly the bikes were liter class super bikes, plenty with slicks and
race fairings etc.

I started off fairly confident, and got better and better as the day
wore on. It was an ideal day - clear, no wind, about 20 degrees
Celsius.

I was getting my pegs down in some of the corners, and had a flying lap
where I chased a guy on an R6 who had his knee down in the corners and I
managed to hold on to him. Unfortunately I didn't get a lap time for
that lap.

I was just starting to hit a rhythm when the bike started losing power
- one minute it was pulling like a train, sounding sweet, the next it
sounded like someone had shoved a sock in the exhaust and I lost power.
No warning lights, no smells, no mechanical noises, wasn't running hot
and I only hit the rev limiter three or four times coming out of corners
and running out of revs.

I retired straight away, let the bike cool down, then rode it home. It
runs fine at lower revs, but refuses to pick up cleanly, feels like an
obstruction in the pipe or retarded timing. if you rev it up in neutral
it pops and backfires something chronic.

There was no smoke, nothing odd in the oil, so it must be something
electronic or dirt in the injectors.

Any suggestions?

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is intended
for the use of the person(s) to whom it was addressed.
If you are not the addressee, you may not copy, forward, disclose or
deliver
this message or any part of it to anyone else.If you received this
e-mail in error,
please reply to the sender of this message, and delete the mail.Any
views expressed in
this message are those of the individual sender,except where the sender
specifically states
them to be those of The Foschini Group of Companies, to whom no
liability shall attach whatsoever.

The Foschini Group disclaims all liability for any loss, damage or
expense however caused, arising
from the use or reliance upon the information provided through this
service.
Any recipient of an unacceptable communication, a chain letter or
offensive material
of any nature is requested to report this to email address:
security@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx