RE: [ST] ABS

>From: Matt Heyer
>Well I agree with you ALMOST 100%. I'm not sure about it in a racing
>context. Sometimes you want to slide the back end (in extreme cases).

Powersliding yes, TCS would hinder that. Don't know if racers use
rear wheel lockups to control their bike in some way (I doubt it).
On a wet track an ABS bike will probably make a huge difference.

I can see the function of locking up the rear wheel in soft sand
though, where the rear wheel will dig itself in to provide deceleration
(that's why you can turn it off on some allroads). But even on gravel
roads ABS is beneficial (see test).

Emile
www.piloot.com