Re: [ST] ABS

Yes, that is powersliding.  What some racers do (the best example I can
think of is Garry McCoy when he was racing 500's) is use the throttle
while downshifting to get the rear spinning as they set up for the
corner.  I have also seen what I THINK was actual lock-up of the rear in
racing conditions, but can't recall when or where...  generally though I
think the "sliding" we see from race bikes is throttle-induced.

Once again, I have NO practical track experience, and this comes from
watching races, not racing...

Dan

>>> mattheyer@xxxxxxxxx 10/11/2005 12:57:08 PM >>>
semantics maybe?...I've always thought of a powerslide as breaking the
rear
wheel loose with throttle (or "power"). So coming out of a corner, hard
on
the gas and controlling the rear-end while it actually slides is what
always thought of as a powerslide. Anyone else?
 Matt Heyer

www.packereng.com