Re: [ST] Backing it in (was ABS)

I couldn't agree more. There seems to be a distinct advantage to those
people who have either put in a lot of dirt time, or grew up riding dirt
bikes first (that's me). There is much less panic and much more control when
things get a little slippy, or if the back tire starts to break loose. I
think it's just being comfortable with the bike moving around underneath
you, and having a good feel for what the bike is doing and how to handle it
when the tires slide for whatever reason.
 Huge recommendation for those who haven't: purchase a dirt bike (they're
relatively cheap, especially used) and go have some fun off road. You'll be
that much more confident on the road.
  Matt Heyer