Re: [ST] Rattle Down under thread?

Interesting. Any chance there is a reference to this that I could site if I persue this direction? Any thoughts on how this might work for second owners? I will look into the EPA site, but if there is something published that folks might be aware of, it could shorten my research. I would imagine having something in hand might bolster my "claim" for a replacement.

Thanks for the assistance.
Todd

Jonathan West <triumphnutter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Todd wrote:
Hey Rick--Thanks for your input. The past posts referenced the ceramic material but I could not find the resolution--it seemed that most of the discussion went on about chain slack. The potential for power loss and an obstructed pipe was the conclusion that I was looking for and now my fear. I have not experienced it yet, but I assume it is coming. Lucky for me, I do not have an emission test requirement for the bike--now. I asked the dealer for a quote on that header assembly; I almost dropped the phone. It was quoted over $1000. Well, it looks like I have my winter project.

Hey Todd,
Double check this, but I was under the impression that any EPA Emission related equipment was warrantied for a period of 5yrs from the vehicle manufacturer. This was an EPA requirement of sorts. This is how many people got their exhaust header replaced outside of the original 2 yr warranty. Early ST headers had a bad weld near the end of the header where it connected to the tailpipe (can't remember exactly what was welded- centerstand bumper mount?) and caused early blowouts/leaks. Triumph replaced many that were outside of the 2 yr warranty. I'd look into it before putting out your own bucks.

Cheers,
Jonathan West
95 Trophy 4
96 Super III