Re: [ST] Rattle Down under thread?

I just did some research and found this link: http://www.epa.gov/otaq/consumer/warr95fs.txt It seems that there is language in the owner's manual regarding the EPA warranty of emission equipment. I will persue this route and see where it lands me. I will post back my results.
Todd

Rick & Joyce <rnjwes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Todd,
Extended warranties, particularly in the emissions area, ought to be
transferable. I did a Google search and looked on the CARB* site this
afternoon but didn't have any luck in the time available. I couldn't
even find a "search" function on the CARB website :o|. The CA EPA**
site references motorcycle regulations
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/motcycle/motcycle.htm
but doesn't go into details.

You be in a grey area if the catalyst still functions. The rattle
itself, while annoying, doesn't constitute an emissions component
failure, at least not yet... Know anyone with an exhaust analyzer?

Triumph has a pretty good record for covering problem areas beyond the
warranty period. In these situations, it helps to have a good dealer
acting on your behalf.

Again, good luck,

--
Rick