[ST] Z6's

Just spent a great weekend in the Ozarks with Bird Dawg and Kermit along
with Kow Dawg and his FJR.
The ride back across the Talimena just before sunset on Sunday with the sun
setting in the west and a full moon rising in the east across the valleys
was stunning. One of the best ever.
Now about those Z6's.
I put a new set of Z6's on my Triumph ST and liked them a lot.
But............
I left Texas with 2, 100 miles on the tires. The center of the new tire is
slick with no wear bars. The rear tire was slightly squared and I estimated
another 4, 000 to 5,000 miles based on my use of three sets of Z4's.
I looked at them often and Bird and I talked about how would you know when
their near the end of their life without wear bars. Thought that maybe
there were wear indicators underneath that would appear.
At a stop about 100 miles later there was cord showing all the way around
in the middle!
I only got 3,200 miles out of the rear Z6. I have sent Metzler a message
this morning and am concerned that they wore that fast and there was
nothing to judge by.
I just ordered a new Z4 to replace the Z6 and will not buy another.

Jack Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the dark side of the Moon"
Que Lastima