Re: [ST] Z6's, etc.

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 10:18 -0500, Jack Hays wrote:
> BTW, I ran 39 psi rear and 38 psi front in the Z6's.
> I don't understand why there is no molded in indicators. This seems like a
> safety issue to me.

It's difficult to have wear indicators when you have no tread to put
them in. I suppose holes like on slicks would work.

> The tire looked fine and I thought I had at least 2k left on it. One high
> speed run at around 90 for sixty miles and when I stopped there was a lot
> of cord.

I will have to keep a look out. Mine are at 4k.

> It made me swallow hard to think what could have happened and I had no clue
> it was coming. It was like a toggle switch with no warning. I'm talking
> slightly squared. Not bad, just slightly.

020's used to be like this. I think the hard compound was on top of the
soft compound. When you wore through the hard compund it didn't take
long for the threads to show.

> BTW, no response from Metzler yet and I ordered my old standby Z4
> yesterday. Anyone know why the part number on Z4's changed and the price is
> ten bucks more?

Nope.

--
simonb <simonb@xxxxxxxxxxx>