Re: [ST] Tank Locker

>From: Matt Heyer
>Anyone using the Tank Locker for a tank bag? Is it waterproof?

I've never seen it in real life, but I did email with tanklocker
about the waterproofness. The lexel stuff or so is waterproof,
but the bag isn't. He has a seperate waterproof bag for it,
but he didn't test it yet how good it would work. I waited months
for his reply after testing, then emailed him like 3 times
asking how the test went, but never got any reply back again...

That pissed me off a bit, so I went looking on the Dutch ebay
and found a nice secondhand Triumph sport-tankbag that someone
had left after selling his Daytona.

The tanklocker will probably leave your tank in a better state
(I leave the Triumph tankpad on pretty much all the time, so I
can click the bag right on). But when tanking I think the Triumph
bag is easier, I think you have to unlock the bag and platform
before you can refuel. And you'll have the platform still there
if you take the bag with you. I also think that the tanklocker
bag is pretty small, although the shape for the map might be
better, I dunno... When mounted it seems to look cool though.

Be aware that SW Motech also has a bag system almost identical
to the tanklocker stuff:
http://www.sw-motech.de/sonstige_dokumente/produkttour/quick-lock-tankrucksack_eng.pdf

Since the product is brandnew it's only in the German language
now, but this is the tankring for all Triumphs:
http://www.sw-motech.de/produkt/?produkt_id=709
They then have 3 types of bags you can mount:
Daypack: http://www.sw-motech.de/produkt/?produkt_id=632
Sportbag: http://www.sw-motech.de/produkt/?produkt_id=656
Touringbag: http://www.sw-motech.de/produkt/?produkt_id=655

In the US the SW Motech stuff is sold by Twisted Throttle:
http://twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2130/145/
http://twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/1859/145/
I don't see the touring bag there...
You can also use it for a camera mount:
http://twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2210/145/
They also carry the MRA varioscreen for the Sprint:
http://twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/1866/145/

Emile
www.piloot.com