[ST] Introduction

I just wanted to say hi.  My name is Lindley and I just bought a 1999
Triumph Sprint ST with just less than 6000 miles for $4000.  I have a couple
of questions of course being a new owner but first I'll explain my
unfortunate second day of ownership experience.

I was riding home, it had been raining, and just before entering a left hand
turn I attempted to downshift.  I was in fifth gear downshifting to fourth.
My attempt to downshift resulted in neutral without the neutral dash light
coming on.  In the process of trying to put it into a gear to do the turn I
lost track of the turn.  Just before exiting the road to the right I
straightened the bike upright. In my attempt to just ride it out thru the
grassy little field, I entered a ditch alongside the road.  I separated from
the bike and besides a bruised ego I wasn't injured.  I was wearing a
rubber/vinyl rain suit with leather gloves, leather coat until the rain
suit, boots and a full faced HJC helmet.  The helmet was lightly scratched,
nothing deep, with no dents or missing parts.  My rain suit was not ripped
or torn.  The bike now needs everything plastic up front.  The forks were
not bent and the frame is not tweaked.

My questions now are does anyone know of any good parts places in Germany,
particularly around Tier, Germany or any online sites to get replacement
fairings, dash and headlights?  The only thing I was able to salvage from
the front was the turn signals, wind screen, mirrors, temperature gauge and
battery gauge.  Everything else is bits and pieces.  Thanks for any and all
information.  The website for Triumphnet was a tremendous help in starting
the rebuild.

Lindley