Re: [ST] ZG tall screen experience

On 26 Oct 2005, at 14:48, Bil Swartz wrote:

> I used that Saeng edging (http://www.saeng.com/4000.htm) on my '99
> ST, and it
> did seem to give me another couple of inches in the pocket.  But
> the later STs
> have a thicker bead in the top edge of the screen, much like VFRs,
> that makes
> installing the edging difficult to the point of giving it up.
> There are metal
> clips imbedded in the edging that only opened so far...

The touring screen has no bead on edge (you get some scummy beading
tape to shove on instead...) so it might actually be a good
combination.  The stuff is not so expensive either, so might be worth
a speculative purchase.

> Another possibility is the Laminar Lip (http://www.laminarlip.com).

This was the kind of thing I had in mind originally - but unclear if
the stock screen plus touring lip would be better or worse than
current set up.  The price information page is missing from the
Laminar lip web site - anyone know how much they cost?

Still - optimistic that I will indeed find something to sort out this
problem.  Thanks for your suggestions.

Best regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03