Re: [ST] Introduction

>From:lindley
>My questions now are does anyone know of any good parts places in Germany,
>particularly around Tier, Germany or any online sites to get replacement
>fairings, dash and headlights?

Hi Lindley, welcome to the group.

I found a Sprint ST headlight unit for you on sale on the Dutch ebay
equivalent. The seller is in the northeast of Holland, but I'm sure
he's able to put it in a box for you. He's asking 100 euros for it:
http://tinyurl.com/8sy93
You can email her (name listed is Marijke) by clicking on the button
in the right hand upper corner (which links to this masked address:
mpwijbenga.z8nczoqgu2pmue07ztkmjg6@xxxxxxx ). English should be no
problem, if you need Dutch help let me know. Payment should be no
problem since paypal can be used in Holland, but if you need me to
help in forwarding money let me know.

If shipment is a problem I could pick it up, I sometimes have
nightstops in Cologne or Dusseldorf or simulator sessions in
Maastricht.

What color is your Sprint BTW? That makes searching for tupperware
a bit easier.

And concering the shifting, I rode the first couple of thousand
km's with downshift problems. The gear would often just flip out
in a false neutral during deceleration (also when I didn't shift).
Although the guys here figured I was just an idiot who couldn't
shift properly, it turned out that Triumph didn't put their stuff
together properly. There are 2 spring-loaded arms that fall into
detents on the shiftershaft (as I understood it) that prevent the
shiftershaft from being moved after shifting. However, only one
of those arms on my brandnew '01 Sprint ST was working correctly,
the other one was fixed in the "open" position. So it wasn't being
pushed into the detent. Advantage was that shifting was always
very easy and smooth and neutral was extremely easy to find. But
the sudden false neutrals I got when entering roundabouts and
off ramps were sometimes rather scary. Fortunately I was able
to focus on the road to finish the turn, but I can really see
your situation when it happens for the first time.

So it could be that this Triumph installation fault is also
the case for you, it's worth checking at least. If so, you
might want to consider contacting them about the damage....
Good luck,

Emile
Almere, Netherlands
www.piloot.com