[ST] Z6 Tire info

Since this was talked about recently, I figured I'd post this. The full
review of the tire is a HUGE thumbs up (
http://www.canyonchasers.net/reviews/accessories/metzeler.php), but at the
very end has this paragraph:
 "However, after wearing out a few sets of these, we've discovered that the
tread pattern on the rear Roadtec is deceptive. Because there is no pattern
across the center of the tire, it makes it extremely difficult to know
exactly when the tire is worn down. Because we tend to, sadly, wear out our
tires in the center first, we've had two rear Roadtec's going from looking
just great to throwing sparks from the metal belts within an alarmingly
short amount of time! It should be said, that if you choose to run these
tires, when the rear looks to have another 500 to 1000 miles of life left,
it should be replaced. So problematic is this trait, that a few of us have
opted to other tires where we can easily see how worn the tire actually is."
  Matt Heyer