Re: [ST] Dopey Deer Season

Bob Nixon wrote:
>> Rick, at least he didn't have a deer run into the side of his bike
with him on it. Believe me, it's not something you want to go through
-:( <<

I hear ya, Bob & I'm damn happy that you're back riding.
One of our club members, Jim, had the same experience as you've
described back in '01, only left side.  He's currently riding a Guzzi
with a sidecar but working on a scheme to get back onto two wheels.

That same year, out in eastern OR, our friend Keith's bike was rammed
in the rt. side by a deer.  With his awesome riding skills, he was
able to keep the bike upright and on the pavement(!), only to catch
hell from his partner for killing the deer.
We had this little routine:
Rick: "Hey Keith.  Why did the deer cross the road?"
Keith: "It didn't!"

Sadly, he wasn't so fortunate with the Suburban last month...

--
Rick