Re: [ST] DIY Fork Maintenance - for George K

Thanks George and SimonB.

I just printed off the RT Installation Information from the web site. An
excellent document.  They used 5wt and Eric Miner made said he used a mix
of 10 and 15wt.  I think I'll split the differnce and run with the 10wt I
have on the shelf. If I don't like it I'll just swap it out.

George I can understand the spacer thing.  I think I measured and figured
for and hour the first time I did my Concours.  Since I hit the sag right
on the nose with my Hyperpro's, I'm just going to measure the height of
the emulator and cut that much off the spacer.  That should get me real
close and I can just turn the preload adjuster to fit, although I may cut
it a bit short to give me some more adjustment.

I'm going to replace the bushings and seals too. It looks like the seals
are the same as those off of several Honda and Suzuki models that have
Showa forks to include the 1200 Bandit and VFR750R.

Looks like I'll be off the streets for a couple of evenings.
Rod