Re: [ST] Front Stands for Sprints

In a previous email, Jeremy Witt wrote:
I suppose I could just do the tie-downs to the rafters-lift as well.

That's what I use. Works like a charm. Besides, I'm too damn cheap to buy a proper stand.

Another option: Put the bike on its centerstand and load something heavy on the seat and top/grab rail. A bundle or two of shingles or an 80 lb. bag of cement should do the trick. I haven't tried this but these are things that I have in my garage and would try if I didn't have the rafters.

Plan C: Put the bike on its centerstand and remove the belly fairings. Then block up the engine

--
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations."
-- David Friedman