Re: [ST] Front Stands for Sprints

Jeremy,

If you use two 2x4 blocks under the centerstand, it raises the front end quite nicely and I load the top box with some free weights to keep the front in the air. Just grasp the bar and push against the tank to tilt the bike over just enough to use your foot to slide the 2x4 under and lower it back down. Move carefully to the other side and do the same. I use the 2x4 blocks to remove the front wheel or to change the oil.

Dave Bardell

Steve Lawler wrote:

In a previous email, Jeremy Witt wrote:

I suppose I could just do the tie-downs to the rafters-lift as well.

That's what I use. Works like a charm. Besides, I'm too damn cheap to buy a proper stand.

Another option: Put the bike on its centerstand and load something heavy on the seat and top/grab rail. A bundle or two of shingles or an 80 lb. bag of cement should do the trick. I haven't tried this but these are things that I have in my garage and would try if I didn't have the rafters.

Plan C: Put the bike on its centerstand and remove the belly fairings. Then block up the engine