RE: [ST] What do these wires do?

The second wire harness is for the LED which is part of the alarm
system.  Mine broke off over a year ago and I didn't bother with
repairs.  I've ridden over 10k miles since than with no resultant
problems.

--
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST

> I have a 2000 ST, currently naked for a thorough cleaning.  In the
nose piece
is the small third light assembly (which sits between and above the
headlights).  On the rear of that assembly, there's the bulb harness,
then
another two wire harness that is (or now was) attached directly to
that small
housing.  One of those wires broke at the point where it was attached
to the
housing.  I'm headed off on a long ride next weekend and don't know if
I'll be
able to order a new part by then.  And, I don't know if it'll be
sufficient to
just solder the wire.

Does anyone know if it'll hurt anything to just leave that harness
unplugged
for a while? <