RE: [ST] stock suspension

On 5 Sep 2005, at 13:38, Marc Van Est wrote:
> > I don't understand why the front tire seems to have a small
"chicken strip" but the back tire has some serious wear right up to
the edge.  Different profile? < <

...and Gavin Lawrie replied:
> Dunno about profiles etc.  But I get the same thing - rear worn to
edge, front with visible chicken strip.  Am using Avon Azarro ST's
(don't recall the tyre numbers -45 front /46 rear I think).  I haven't
done a track day - this from road riding :) <

Mine too.  I've even seen this on track bikes.  I think it's the due
to the 3-1/2" wide front rim pulling the tire's profile into a tighter
radius.
--
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST