RE: [ST] leaded petrol question

You're probably right.  Can't guess.  However I could probably guess that it shouldn't cause problems if you don't have a catalytic converter.

We run leaded fuel in the RS125 and the owner also runs it in his 240Z race car.  Granted the RS125 has a purpose built engine, but his Z is pretty much a stock engine w/o the catalytic converter.  We have no problems.

-----Original Message-----
From: st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
david.funk@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 4:02 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] leaded petrol question

I can't guess what "running a tank of leaded" would do.
The lead in gas was removed, as far as I know, for two reasons:
1) to keep lead out of the environment
2) to keep lead for messing up the catalytic converts.
So leaded fuel should be just like non-leaded fuel as far as the rest of the motor in concerned.

If your pipe pops too much on overrun, there is too much unburned gas in the exhaust. May be it is caused by less back pressure.

David W. Funk
'00 Sprint ST
Pleasanton, CA