Re: [ST] Rocket vs. ST vs. Beemer

>From my fairly limited riding on the new ST, I would agree with what you
stated. In chasing that ultimate sports-tourer, the Sprint is becoming more
sport bike with luggage. I always thought the "dig" against the old ST by
bike magazines (does everything well but nothing extraordinary) was it's
best compliment. Sure there will be faster bikes; sure there will be comfier
bikes for long distance, and on and on - but the fact that the Sprint could
do them all reasonably well was a strong point. Otherwise, strap some givis
on an R1 and call it the ultimate sport-tourer (that's just not my idea of
one)
 Matt Heyer