Re: [ST] Front fork bottoming with RT Valves.

On 9/14/05, simonb@xxxxxxxxxxx <simonb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When I hit something like a sleeping policeman the front forks bottom with
> quite a bang. At first I'd thought I'd buckled the wheel. Do I need to put
> more oil in the forks to stop this?
> How are the bump stops supposed to work. Is it mechanical coil compression or
> is it hydraulic?
> --
> SimonB

Before the Americans on the list start thinking that in the UK we make
it a sport to run over policeman while they are sleeping I think I
should point out
sleeping policeman = speed bump

Simon are you sure you are bottoming out? My bike also makes a clunk
when I hit certain bumps. I can even get it to do it if I brake very
hard at low speed. It has been bothering me but I am not sure it is
bottoming out. It almost sounds like some kind of brake clunk. Any
insight on this would be appreciated.
Rupert