RE: [ST] Front fork bottoming with RT Valves.

More oil, to a point - I run my oil level at 125mm - will increase the
rising rate effect similar to that of a progressive spring.  The
smaller column of air compresses and adds effective spring rate.

That said, have you checked your steering head bearings for play?
--
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST