Re: [Re][ST] Front fork bottoming with RT Valves.

Quoting Rod Brown <sprint_st@xxxxxxx>:

> If you are positive that you are bottoming, which it sounds like you are,
> something is seriously wrong.  RT recommends 125mm of oil, I run 130 but
> stock is 145 which means RT wants more oil in there.  Considering that the
> emulator itself takes up space, they want a lot more oil in there.  I would
> recommend taking the forks off and finding out what you do have in there.
> That spring under the damper rod could be missing among other things.  This
> may be stating the obvious but look at your front fender(mudgard in Triumph
> lingo) and see if it has marks where it is slamming into the triple clamp.
> Also, I hope you didn't trust RT to have the emulator at 2 turns from the
> factory because that isn't alwas true, plus the screw on the emulator can
> come off.  Like several guys have stated, this should not be happening under
> normal circumstances.

Interesting. I did set it up to the RT settings. I wonder if the screws fallen
out. Although unless I hit something large it doesn't happen. So normal bumps
are OK. So I might never have noticed it. You should be able to set your front
forks really soft. They will bottom out all the time. but you should still not
get a sound like a muffled hammer on steal when they bottom. I maight have to
re-do it witrh locktite. A fender is something on the front of a car? The
front mudguard is not hitting the bottom yoke if that's what you mean :)
--
SimonB