Re: [ST] MC pants

In a previous email, Jonathan stated:
So - anyone have any recommendations for a good three season pant or any
experience with the Rev'It gear?

I have a Rev'It rain suit that I bought a couple of years ago. I have been very unhappy with it. In all outward appearances it looks good, sealed seams, velcro straps on the upper arms, zipper and velcro enclosure, long legs that cover my boots, etc. But I end up with a wet crotch if I ride in the rain for more than 20 minutes, the zipper separated from the fabric near the belt within a year, the zipper tab broke shortly after that, the belt is rather cheesy, the storage pouch could be a little larger.

I posted my dissatisfaction on another list and, oddly enough, someone high up in the food chain at Rev'It USA is a lurker. She contacted me and told me that they would like to see mine and replace it. After I described all of my problems in greater detail she told me that it seemed like normal wear and tear and that I will get wet if I wear it in a downpour but they would still like to replace it. When I told her that I would send over my assistant with it she said that that wouldn't work because she wanted to show me the entire Rev'It line and prove that it is a good line. At that point I realized that it was nothing more than a line of corporate marketing bull$h!t. Listening to a salesperson babble on for who knows how long is not worth the cost of a new rain suit.

This is the same company that I contacted when they first opened a USA office. I was asking for more information on their rain suits. The only response I got was something along the line of "If you know of any dealers that are looking to expand their line, please send their name to us."

I doubt that I'll ever own another Rev'It product again.

--
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk dancing.'"
-- Sir Arnold Bax, Farewell my Youth (1943)