[ST] Front fork bottoming with RT Valves I've had a look.

The story continues,
So I heaved the ST up on to the centre stand and took one of the fork
tops off. Removed the washers spacer and spring. The oil looks a bit
grey. It was brown so some water ingress is suspected. But fork oil
always looks grey. I have some spare Rock-oil SRI 15 left to compare. I
removed the other fork top springe etc. The bike looks dead cool. looks
like it's breaking for a hairpin bend. Anyway I checked the oil level.
It's 135 mm on one side and 140 on the other with the emulators in
place. I will have to top it up to 125mm. both emulators where set at 2
turns. They are now 2.5 turns. I shall heave the front end back off the
deck to fit the springs back in. But it looks OK.

I did discover the centre stand makes a load bang when it comes back up.
I think the noise could have been the centre stand as the spring is not
too strong. I will have to tie the stand up with a bungee and test it
out.

--
simonb <simonb@xxxxxxxxxxx>