[ST] RE: ST-triumphnet.com Digest, Vol 6, Issue 30

Message: 3
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 23:20:18 -0400
From: brettwilson21@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Bob Nixon Pics
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Bob,

I've just finished looking at the pics and video via the link you put after
your name in your emails. We have optic fibre at work so down load time is
pretty quick.

Theres some great stuff in there! The military aircraft pics are awesome.

Thanks!
That's a combination of the Pima Air museum down in Tucson AZ and the
Champlain Air Museum in Mesa AZ.

Is that your riding prowess on the red ST or were you the rider being
chased? That road looks like its in a desert somehwere. I'm eager to ride
that one on my next trip to the US.

Yup, that's mostly me doing the riding; following an R1 in this one at
speeds to 135MPH. (link below) Later, with my GSXR we attain speeds of 172
indicated going down the big sweeper. Since my deer accident last June, I've
toned my riding down a lot. I'm 60 now, with half a heart, a bunch of
titanium and a prosthetic right lower leg. (yeah, no rear brake control
anymore)
http://bigrex.net/pictures/Videos/MOV00080.MPG

The roads are in Arizona. Most are on AZ88 (historic Apache trail to Lake
Teddy Roosevelt and I believe there are a few in there on 191 (old 666 or
the Coronado trail), which is 90 miles (550 turns) of very remote all
asphalt twisties in far Eastern AZ. 191 Altitudes range from 5000 to 9200
feet.
Az 88 OTOH, is just outside (East) of the PHX/Mesa metro. It's all public &
park land, so no humans live out there. Deer OTOH, do live out there -:(