[ST] RE: ST-triumphnet.com Digest, Vol 6, Issue 32

>Message: 10
>Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 22:19:35 -0700
>From: "Derek Randles" <yobigd@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [ST] Bob Nixon Pics and Vids
>To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>Bob, do they still do the air races out in PHX??

No, it only ran for 3 years and I guess, like the GP races, they didn't draw
enought revenue.
Funny too, because the Phoenix metro is pushing on this size of Miami,
Atlanta & Seattle now.

>I am going to plan a trip out there for next month. I would love to ride
>some of the roads you mentioned now that it the weather is BARABLE!!

Yup, we even ride 88 in mid-summer but very early in the AM -:) 191 OHOH,
will be snowed in after October.

>Are there any bike nights out there on the weekends? I know PHIR has some
>bracket racing on Friday or Saturday nights.

Yes at the Pavilions's in Scottdale (Fri/Sat evenings), off of 101 & Indian
Bend Wash. It's just a shopping center but the guy that owns the MacD's
ropes off a large erea of the parking lot for old cars and a couple of rows
of motorcycles.

>Let me know of any bike oriented night life out there now that the weather
>has cooled off a bit. Thanks for the posts, and glad to see you back on the
>list full time!
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks, Derek

There's also lot's of bikers on Mill Ave in Tempe on Sat nights. Mostly
squids thought -:)
As you stated, we're now entering our 7 Months of nice weather; better than
LA even, with less winter rain and slighly warmer. Trouble is, just North of
here is the Mountains and it's not good riding weather from Dec-March but a
nice heat escape during the summer months.

Bob Nixon
01 Sprint ST "RED" 50K miles
Chandler, AZ