Re: [ST] carbon silencer, tires and other maintenance issues

On Sep 20, 2005, at 5:23 PM, joe smith wrote:

I haven't heard an ST with the factory pipe to compare. How would those who have ridden with after-market exhausts compare the Triumph carbon silencer in noise level. Do you think I'd be best to have the factory pipe put back on?

The Triumph pipe isn't that loud and it certainly won't cause any deafness. Riding with ear plugs, (which you should be doing regardless of which pipe is installed) I could barely notice the difference between my stock bike and the one I rode with the off-road pipe. Riding behind it, I did notice a bit of difference, and it is nicer. I'd leave the pipe on and just make sure you have the right tune. Sounds like it probably needs an updated tune anyways if he never brought it in for any scheduled services.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
'01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned