Re: [ST] carbon silencer, tires and other maintenance issues

Jim or Joe,
In 4000 miles over two or three riding seasons, you would have to work at
doing damage to the engine.  Since it's your baby now, I wouldn't worry
about it and go ride.  The 02's have a solid service record.  Like others
have said the CF can isn't that much louder than stock and running it
without the proper tune might do some damage with the emphasis on "might"
but I wouldn't lose sleep over it.  Again, since you have the Bridgestones
already on, run 'em and do some homework before you replace them.  You have
a good bike, don't beat yourself up with shoulda's and coulda's.
Rod