Re: [ST] Cranky start

Now this is odd. My 2001 ST has about 27000 miles on it and I still have the original battery. I've never put it on a battery tender or anything else. (I attribute its longevity to my 10-11 months of usage per year.) The only time that it ever gave me a problem was when it sat unused for about a month and a half. Usually it takes three cranks before she turns over. Lately it seems that it takes a couple of extra cranks to start her up. Sometimes, when I stop for gas after creeping through the Holland Tunnel* during evening rush hour, it will be very hesitant to restart. I figured that this might be a sign that the battery is on its way to that great big battery store in the sky but now you say this a feature?

I'm confused.

* This is the tunnel that runs between lower Manhattan and New Jersey and has nothing to do with the land of tulip, windmills and dikes**. ;-)

** Get your mind out of the gutter. I'm talking about levees. BTW If you know of any little Dutch boys with very fat fingers please have them report to New Orleans.

--
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"Contradiction is good for the soul. Unless it's not."
            -- Mark Morford