[ST] Territorial behaviour

- Feature nr.2 (and3):

My 2001 Sprint ST has been leaking since I bought
it new last march. So far, also thanks to the
archives of this list, I've been able to determine
that the major leak (most common after blasting
up mountain passes or blasting down the German
Autobahn) comes from the airbox and is most
probably the breather valve thingie. It's still
on order but should be fixed soon.

Since extending the airbox drain-hose we were
able to determine that that was indeed the cause
for the oily mess on the rear swingarm, but since
that time I've also discovered that the one leak
was covering up another leak, mainly one that
seems to come from the rear brake. It doesn't
drip as such but is just wet around the whole
rear brake assembly after some rides. The
leak seems minor though because the level
of the rear brake hydraulic reservoir doesn't
seem to decrease.

My question is, does a leaking rear brake
sound familiar to anyone? And were you or
they able to determine EXACTLY what was
leaking? I'm suspecting one or both of
the clamps of the little rubber hose
connected to the reservoir as thightening
the bolt with the wires (brake light?)
didn't seem to help. IF it leaks it's just
hard to figure out where it came from.

Emile
www.piloot.com