Re: [ST] Wales (was Daytona 675)

Pat

'Round' was a loose term. Essex to Portmadoc via A406, M40, A40, A44,
A470 got us there on Friday.

Saturday back down to Builth Wells to add an SP1 to our CBR600, F650,
916 & my RS for a spin to Llandovery for lunch.  Then a blast over Black
Mountain on the A4069 turning around to get the sheep we missed on pass
one (that was a treat).  Off to Abergavenny for a cuppa in the coach
park to show up all the polished bikes with some real dirt and flies
before thanking the SP1 and returning to Portmadoc for a kip.

Sunday back to Essex using the Bala road, A5 and so on but thrown back
by traffic division twice by closed roads (one a probable m/c fatacc
just outside Shrewsbury so we had to detour via Welshpool).  Our
navigator couldn't, and his map was low res and in his luggage.

The sunshine on Saturday morning had to be seen to be believed (Wales
is not renowned for this option in my book) but the roads never dried
out completely.

My backside is still rough but I think that is down to travelling for
too long in matatus in Kenya a few weeks prior.  Otherwise I may have to
look at a gel seat.

Saw quite a few Triumphs including what seemed to be a meet in
Moreton-in-Marsh (I think).

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> pmdavies@xxxxxxxxx 26/09/2005 22:14:12 >>>