RE: [ST] New Scrambler

Hows this for a (dumb?) thought:

Towards the end of next year I'd like to get the better half on a decent bike also. I'll start her off on something really small at the end of this year.

The resale value of my RS will be pitiful by then, this is a sports bike mad country, the only guys really doing well other than that are BMW.

I doubt I could get more than R45 000 (US $6 900) for a bike that should be pristine with about 15 000 kms, and I refuse to sell it for that when an ST1050 would be US$ 15500.

I thought of converting my RS into a "street fighter" for my wife, along the lines of the speed triple, and lowering the suspension at the same time.

I could ditch the heavy fairing, chop the back and fit a custom seat, bigger rear sprocket, and give it a radical paint job. Properly done it could look cool, and shed some weight and height.

That would be a cheaper way of sourcing a nice bike for the wife, and free me up for an ST1050. The RS has a sweet motor, and its a well tempered handling beastie.

Anyone know of a conversion done like that, esp. with some pics?

cheers

Marc
Cape Town

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is intended
for the use of the person(s) to whom it was addressed.
If you are not the addressee, you may not copy, forward, disclose or deliver
this message or any part of it to anyone else.If you received this e-mail in error,
please reply to the sender of this message, and delete the mail.Any views expressed in
this message are those of the individual sender,except where the sender specifically states
them to be those of The Foschini Group of Companies, to whom no liability shall attach whatsoever.

The Foschini Group disclaims all liability for any loss, damage or expense however caused, arising
from the use or reliance upon the information provided through this service.
Any recipient of an unacceptable communication, a chain letter or offensive material
of any nature is requested to report this to email address: security@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx