[ST] Heated Grips

Living in FL, I've not paid attention to the discussions on heated grips (other than to see that when it is cold, they are a must-have), figuring that since I don't much like the cold I'd just schedule my trips for the summer so I could be warm. However, I'm now considering a trip to western VA in the beginning of November (going to crew for a 13-hour race at VIR for some friends), and I'm thinking heated grips might be kind of nice.

I've done some googling to see what is available, there is a variety of options:

Triumph heated grips:  $180
http://www.triumphnet.com/rs/acc/heated_grips.htm

Hot Grips: $110
http://www.hotgrips.com/triumph-motorcycles.html

Dual Star: $30
http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Rider/heated_grip_kit1.htm

Somewhere I saw a sort of external grip sleeve, I guess for a temporary installation?

The Triumph and Hot Grips products include a thicker grip with the heating elements molded into the grip. The Dual Star unit is a simple heating element that goes under a regular grip.

I'd like some feedback from those who have used the various units. Why the price difference, are the more expensive units really worth it?

Since I live in southern FL, I will almost never use them. It is cool enough here for about 1 month, and since I don't care much for cold, I will probably rarely ride up north when it will be cold. However, I realize that when you need them, they are definitely worth having.

Jim