[ST] Heated Grips

David Funk said "For real comfort in the cold get Heated Gloves.
Heated gloves are at least 10 times better then heated grips."

I don't agree, Dave. I don't like the bulk that comes with the heated gloves. Turns the feel from the bars way too "wooden" for me. I'll take heated grips any day, your preference of style...I like the Triumph grips, but I've got long fingers and the Triumph grips actually fit my hands better than the stock ones did. I don't find the need for a rheostat that big a deal. If you need the heat, you need the heat. Place the switch in the dash area, trust me on this....if you ever need to replace a side panel, or do maint. you won't have to screw with the connections if you don't place it in the body panels. I have full Gerbing gear (jacket, pants, booties), but am MUCH happier with the control I gain from having the grips vs the gloves.

Headed out for 10 fun filled Moto days in the next week including 2 track days (one Monday at "Little" Talladega, the next full weekend at Barber Motorsports Park...Woo Hoo!!!). We will also be doing the Cherohalla Skyway, Deal's Gap, Thunder Road, and around 700 more miles of twisty beautiful tarmac during the course of the next week and a half. Spooned a new set of Pilot Powers onto the ST mainly due to the track days, but am looking foreword to how well they improve "The Pace" in the mountains during the next few days. Will give full report when finished.

One quick confession: I am absolutely JONESING for the new 675. Spoke to the boys at ATL Triumph-Duc. They were at the dealer intro...same comment from all......wow (not hyper, more in awe). Jason says it is the single most significant thing that Triumph have done to date...bar none. I WANT ONE (Graphite please)....NOW!

See Ya',
Dutch