[ST] What a day!!!!

What a day  -

I just pulled out of my driveway and the stones caused the rear of my wife's Ducati to swing out a bit, and it fell over at like 2 mph. Not a big deal on its own but my hand got caught under the engine and tank, and the throttle was pinned wide open.

Long story short I got 3rd degree burns on my wrist, forearm, shoulder, and hand. The engine over-reved and had no oil at the pickup, and blew a rod right through the side of the cases. It only took about 5 seconds!

Damn thing caught on fire too from all the oil. The neighbor kids ran over with the hose but the gas was flowing from the tank and it was a virtual fireball in like 30 seconds.

I rolled away from the flames but my jacket, my new Vanson jacket had enough gasoline on it that it burned badly. My neck is scorched and I lost some hair because I couldn't get the damn helmet off fast enough. My hand was burned and I couldn't undo the neck strap.

The whole thing happened right at the end of the driveway, right next to the mailbox. Damn mailbox caught fire too and it's history. Flames from that made it up into the tree and one of them burned too. It's going to have to be removed. Those things are real expensive. Who cares at this point right?

And the street has this big black burn mark from all the oil and gas and flames. The cops came and gave me a ticket for the damage to the street. And a ticket for an expired license plate. And then the fire department showed up but by then we had the fire out. They charge $400 for a call, and since I made the call there's no refund.

The cops said I had to move the wreckage "NOW" so they called a tow truck and it pulled the mess back onto my driveway. $125 for that little nothing.

And then to top it off I couldn't get my car out of the driveway because the dead Duc was in the way, so I drove on the lawn and the car sunk into the soft dirt and I got stuck. I rocked it back and forth and the thing shot out of the the rut so quickly that it got away from me and I sideswiped my neighbors van. Both vehicles damaged.

Cops came back and I got another ticket for that accident.

And the emergency room visit was no fun either! I'll be off work for three weeks minimum. My health insurance policy doesn't cover "injuries associated with the operation of a motorcycle". Can it get any worse?

And it's April 1st so you know what that means! April Fools!