Re: [ST] Oil

On Apr 2, 2006, at 8:48 AM, Stephen Dropp wrote:
> I am wondering if it is necessary to go to the dealership and get
> Synthetic oil or is it good enough to go to the auto store or target
> and get any synthetic oil. Any help would be great.

Nope, not necessary to use the Triumph-branded oil, even while under
warranty. Just make sure that any oil you use meets the requirements
listed in your owners manual. A lot of folks use Mobil 1 15W-50
instead of the Triumph oil and seem to get good results.

(I would recommend, however, changing your oil every 3,000 miles
instead of every 6,000, but that's just me. I don't want to start
another dreaded oil thread, so email me off-list if you want to
discuss further.)
--
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxx>
<http://sobiloff.typepad.com/>