Re: [ST] Ride Report

Nicely done.  I've never had the opportunity to ride out in Washington, but did an extended visit some years ago, and can only imagine that it would be great on those roads and with the views.  Add a porter at the end and you got me thinking of venturing out that way....

Matt Heyer

----- Original Message ----
From: Agate47@xxxxxxx
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, April 2, 2006 10:07:07 PM
Subject: [ST] Ride Report

Ok, so it wasn't a long ride today.  After church, lunch and a pass through
the Museum of Glass in Tacoma with my bride of many years, I only had time for
about an hour and a half.  However, after a cool, wet winter, slightly warmer
and only sprinkles of rain was just fine.

I enjoyed a romp through Green Valley, a road that twists among a bunch of
horse and berry farms. Some more twisty roads to the east until I had to run
south along the Cascade foothills.  The best scenic part was rolling in to
Enumclaw with the sun illuminating the base of Mt Rainier.  I could only see the
base where the snow levels dropped to about 4000 feet because clouds covered the
top.  However, the air was so clear today with the light from the west that
the mountain looked close enough to touch.

A few more swoops and zooms brought me around Lake Tapps to home and a pint
of my most recent homebrew, a clone of Bridgeport Porter.  I missed out on
fording or chevying any streams, but I will be fine until next weekend.

Steve Knuden
Auburn, WA