[ST] Daytona 675

There is one standing on the floor of Cape Town Triumph (but sold)- amazing in red.

I bought a copy of the UK magazine "Ride", which had a 15 page article on the development of the bike and their first full test of the bike.

They raved about it, literally calling it the best middleweight sports bike they have ever tested, and one tester called it the best super bike he has ever ridden, period!

It seems Triumph have built a real winner on this one.

123bhp at the crank for a 675cc is pretty good, that's probably over 100hp at the back wheel and my Daytona 955 is only pushing 129 at the back wheel according to MCNews (123hp at the wheel according to Ride magazine) with the Daytona a porky 190 kgs vs 155 kgs for the 675.

I'm doing the local RAT Triumph ride this Sunday on a demo kawasaki ZX10, while I wait for my bike to be fixed.

Excellent service from Triumph Cape Town, its not their fault I trashed my exhuast, but they have gone out of their way to get hold of a demo bike for me to come along on Sunday. Its not a Triumph, as someone else will be on their demo speed triple, but they also are the Kawasaki agents, so I get to ride the ballistic 06 ZX10.

I'll let you know what I think of it. (One of my mates rode it but was not impressed -its an "all or nothing" bike according to him)

cheers

Marc
Cape Town, RSA
This email forms part of an electronic communication sent to
the intended recipient or such person's authorised representative,
for the recipient's sole use and is subject to important legal
and regulatory restrictions, qualifications and disclaimers
("Email Legal Notice") that must be accessed by clicking here
<http://www.foschini.co.za/disclaimer.htm>
Or copy this address onto your Internet browser and process there.
The Email Legal Notice is enforceable and binding on the recipient
(or such person's authorised representative) in terms of section 11
(1) to 11 (3) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act
No. 25 of 2002. By receiving, reading or acting upon this email,
you automatically be bound by the terms of the Email Legal Notice.