Re: [ST] oil

On Apr 3, 2006, at 5:53 AM, Masiak, Richard wrote:
> So I question, what are friction modifiers? and are they in a
> product like DuraLube?  If so, like I said, no problems from my  end.

I don't know what's in DuraLube, but friction modifiers are highly
proprietary (secret) compounds, often based on long-chain carboxylic/
phosphoric/phosphonic acids or amines/amides/imides.

There's a good, but old, article at <http://www.fastexfx1.com/
explaining/999.32001.pdf> explaining the differences between anti-
wear, extreme pressure, and friction modification.
--
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxx>
<http://sobiloff.typepad.com/>