Re: [ST] price comparisons

I have never seen a place that will do comparison shopping for you on cycle
gear.  It will be especially difficult to do it online as I believe Shoei
still has a standing no advertising of price, other than strict MSRP,
statement in their franchise agreements.  See the Helmet Harbor site for
small bit of detail on that.  Glancing around on some vendors sights I'm
gathering that Shoei hasn't done a sting in a while.

I'd suggest shopping around on all the typical sites.  The previously
mentioned helmetharbor and helmetshop.  And the following:
newenough.com
kneedraggers.com
Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse, http://www.accwhse.com/
Dennis Kirk
and the ever-popular e-bay.

Just make sure to try on the type of helmet your looking at first.  It's a
moral quandary.  You try on the dealers helmets to know what you want, then
walk out and buy it online, usually for a price the dealer can't beat.  But
you want to put your hands on the helmet before you buy. *shrug*  A few
dealers, if you feel they've treated you well, are worth bringing some of
your quotes and seeing what they can do for you.  If you've been a good
customer, as in spent money there and not been a pain in the ass, some will
come down a bit.  It's worth trying just to show your support for them.  As
I say, if they're a good dealer.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
AMA life member #548538
RAT # 1006452
HSTA # 9351

<<
helmetharbor.com, helmetshop.com.  I think my Shoei came from helmetshop.com
at the lowest price I could find at the time.

JDW