Re: [ST] New Tiger + Fuel Economy

>>> ashmite@xxxxxxxxxxx 4/7/2006 10:34 AM >>>
Don't forget that Press Folks and Auto Testers tend to be more
aggressive
drivers and therefore get worse gas mileage than most normal drivers.
The
rags jumped on my Prius for not getting anywhere near 50 MPG, but then
they
admitted they they were pretty lead footed.  I regularly get 50-53 MPG
with
the Prius.

--Joel

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

This is something that we all need to keep in mind.  How you ride
affects your mileage, as do many other things, like altitude, rider
size, etc.

Here's some more input for you...  I'm in IL, and I bought an 03 ST in
Dec. of 04.  After a little over a year and 7500 miles, I get low to mid
30's for mileage on a regular basis.  Keep in mind that most of my
riding at this point is shorter trips and commuting (I've got 3 little
ones at home, no chance of me getting away for more than one long trip
each year).  I routinely get the low fuel light around 140-160 miles,
and that takes approx. 4-4.5 gal US to refill.  My low was around 30
mpg, my high was around 44-45 mpg (this was during a 450 mile day two-up
with luggage).  I'm sure I could pull off mid to upper 40s if I rode all
day at 70 or so, but that's just not my style.

Maybe its something with the tune, bike, etc.  I don't know.  My bike
is essentially stock, with the exception of the "stage 1" mufflerectomy
mentioned on TriumphRAT.net (only one hole).  The map is the same one
that I had when new (or maybe it was upgraded at the break-in service?
there's a sticker on top of the original label, with a different tune
#).

FYI, the sticker has the following info on it (in addition to my VIN):
1290800
010113
201101

I have no idea what these mean.